When creating your own online crystal business, buying crystals for your shop is a major piece of the puzzle.
But don’t forget that you need other items to start selling!
When starting out it’s hard to know exactly which supplies you need. I’ve created this list to take out the guesswork of stocking your crystal shop supplies.
While you might not need all of these items right away, it’s easiest to have them all on hand to start. At the bottom of the list are some items that aren’t mandatory, but will make your life as a crystal seller so much easier!
Let’s dive in!
Supplies for selling crystals online
Boxes and/or envelopes
Make sure you have various sizes of boxes and/or padded envelopes on hand. If you’re shipping your items Priority Mail, you can order free boxes and envelopes from the US Postal Service. But, for items under 1lb it’s more economical to use First Class Mail and your own packaging.
Here are some common sizes:
Keep the bubble wrap from your wholesale orders and reuse it when shipping crystals. It’s an environmentally friendly way to save money!
Business cards and/or inserts
With every order you should include a business card or flyer with your logo, shop URL, and social media handles. You can even include a discount code to encourage the customer to place another order.
I recommend printing these with Moo: use this link for 25% off your first order!
A digital caliper helps you measure your crystals quickly and accurately. Particularly, it’s the best way to get an accurate measurement of spheres. This is the caliper I use.
Having measurements on your listings makes your shop appear more professional. It lets the customer know exactly how large – or small – the item is, which cuts down on negative reviews.
An inexpensive digital scale serves two purposes.
- One: Weighing crystals for listing descriptions and pricing.
- Two: Package weights are required when you buy shipping labels online.
You’ll need material like biodegradable packing peanuts, paper shreds, and/or honeycomb paper to fill empty space in your box.
- Compostable packing peanuts: These are useful for larger packages and cushion your items very well.
- Paper shreds: These come in a variety of cheerful colors and add a festive look.
- Paper cushioning wrap: This takes up minimal storage space and is completely recyclable.
Printer and mailing labels
Believe me – handwriting mailing labels and paying at the post office for every order is not a sustainable shipping strategy. Luckily Etsy, PayPal, Shopify, and other online tools make it easy to purchase and print mailing labels at home.
Choose a thermal label printer, like the MUNBYN USB label printer. Thermal printers are awesome because they are simple to use and you never have to buy toner or ink!
Inkjet printers are not recommended, because the cost of ink will become a huge expense.
A ruler is good for measuring crystals that are too large for your caliper. You can also use it as a prop in your listing photos, so customers get a feel for the size of the crystal.
You need a trusty pair of scissors for opening shipments and packaging orders.
Crystal shop supplies that are not required, but nice to have
- A microfiber cloth to polish crystals
- A rotating display stand for product videos
- A shallow bowl for displaying small tumbles
- A set of makeup brushes to brush off dust and dirt from your crystals
- Decorative tissue paper for gift wrapping
- LED lighting for photos
- Press on nails for an instant manicure – your hands will be in close up photos!